Fruit Based Puree Recipes
BANANA MANGO PUREE (Makes 8 baby food servings)
- 1 mango, cut into chunks
- 1 banana
- 1. Place the mango and banana chunks in to a food processor.
- 2. Blend until smooth.
- 3. Serve.
CARROT, MANGO AND APPLE PUREE
- Peel 3 carrots
- Cut 1 mango into chunks
- Halve and core 2 apples.
- Arrange the fruits and vegetables on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast in a 350 degrees F oven until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Let cool, then refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month
Pureed parsnip and apple
- 2 Parsnips
- 1 Eating apple
- Peel the parsnips and cut into small pieces, put into a steamer or colander.
- Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil, put the parsnips over the water and steam for about 10 minutes, add the apple and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the parsnips are just tender.
- Puree until smooth with a hand held blender or in a food processor.